High School Plus (HS+)

Adults who are 18 years of age or older and who have not earned a high school diploma must complete the following action to enroll in the HS+ program:

  • Provide the Basic Skills office with a copy of their high school diploma/transcript for review
  • Meet with the Transitional Studies navigator to determine what high school credits are remaining for completion
  • Complete the transcript and Prior Learning evaluation
  • Follow the registration processes outlined in WABERS+ Student Intake Procedures, then register for the appropriate classes needed for high school completion
  • A HS+ Portfolio/Transitions course must be completed at Walla Walla Community College to be awarded an HS+ high school diploma
  • Email Transitional Studies [email protected] to get started.

General Education Development (GED)

Interested students must complete the following actions:

  • Create an account at www.ged.com.
  • Students can take practice tests at www.ged.comto see if they are ready for the high school equivalency diploma exam or if they need classes.
  • If classes are needed, new students must contact the Career and Academic Preparation (CAP) office (Bldg D, Rm 203)  for completion of state approved in-take documentation
  • Complete the CASAS assessment
  • When instructors feel students are ready to test they will recommend students take the practice test.  If scores are high enough students can register to take the test through www.ged.com